Reviews of Outdoor Seating

Katie Sherwood, Capstone Writer

As in-person classes began all over Westmont’s campus, student and staff opinions flooded the internet. The Capstone has compiled some of the most accurate and informative reviews for your perusal.

Caleb Crother

Stars: ☆☆☆☆☆

@MissOptimistic

“My professor said we had class in a ‘lighted outdoor pavilion in Montecito’ and I absolutely love the switch!!! I think this should be a permanent change!!!!!  Also, not having to smell other students’ B.O. is a huge plus!!! :D”

Stars: ☆

@BugsHateMe

“Do not attend outdoor classes if you can avoid it. Get COVID-19, break your leg, drink the DTR pond-water, anything. There were ants crawling up my legs and into my pants the entire class period. DO NOT RECOMMEND!”

Stars: ☆☆

@IMissAC

“Sometimes, the weather is nice. Sometimes, the weather is hot. Other times, it’s like Hell literally manifested in my Christian Doctrine lecture.”

Stars: ☆☆☆☆☆

@HenriNouwen

“Bark bark barkbarkbark, bark bark bark bark. Bark bark barkbark. Bark bark!”

Stars: ☆☆

@StillStuckInside

“I was a little confused about the announced ‘outdoor classes,’ because all of mine were in my dorm room. To be fair, I haven’t physically left my dorm room since March, so I could have missed something. I’ve missed a lot of things.”

Stars: ☆☆☆

@AwfulHandwriting

“The ambience was okay, and I liked the lights, but there weren’t tables included or desktops attached to the chairs, so I had to take my quiz on my knee. I hope my professor can make out what I wrote; most of the ink ended up on my shorts.”

Stars: ☆☆☆☆☆

@BirkenstockRockin

“I love being outside!! Everything about nature is so beautiful and perfect and I never want to go inside another building for class or anything else ever again!! I spent the entirety of my Gen Psych class birdwatching and forgot to pay attention, but it was totally worth it.”

Stars: ☆☆☆

@40YearsInTheDesert

“I’m not sure when I’ll actually make it to outdoor class in time to leave an honest review. I’ve been waiting in the DC lunch line since I arrived on campus. Fingers crossed I’ll be at the front of the line by midterm week.”

Stars: ☆☆☆☆☆

@CampusCreeper

“I was incredibly upset when my classes moved outdoors because I couldn’t play Minecraft during lectures anymore. So I moved my gaming setup permanently to the tent outside Carroll Hall. My computer is so beefy that it blew out all the lightbulbs, and now we can’t have class there anymore. It’s a win-win!”