Cirque du Soleil auditions, Westmont exclusive

Ella Jennings

I knew the tents around campus had to be for something!

Katie Sherwood, Capstone Writer

Are you looking for a job as the end of the semester approaches?

Do you need a hobby to occupy yourself during this year’s lonely, socially distant summer?

Step right up and try your hand at lion taming or trapeze artistry or other amazing feats with the Cirque du Soleil! 

In a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, the famous circus group is opening auditions exclusively to Westmont students. This offer is open strictly for Westmont students because Westmont students have an astonishing familiarity with tents, which is an extremely desirable trait. 

Show off your juggling talents of keeping up with schoolwork, sleep and a social life — even in a pandemic! Maybe you can leave the crowd in hysterics as you try to explain why meatloaf is actually the best thing on the DC menu. You could even dazzle the audience as you successfully carry a DC dinner along with two sodas, a coffee, a stack of cookies, a pie slice and two pieces of cake without dropping any of it on the lawn. You can take your shot to move up to being a professional clown, rather than just a recreational one! 

Be on the lookout for a new tent with red stripes coming permanently to the VK parking lot. Priority will be given to those who make fools of themselves by circling the parking lot for half an hour looking for a parking spot.