101 things to do at Westmont every day

Simeon Michelson and Caleb Lambert

Many students at Westmont, especially new students, struggle with overcommitment. It’s important to leave time for things like self-care, friends and sleep. So our team here at the Capstone took it upon ourselves to work with Westmont Student Success Coaches to present the incoming class with a practical and realistic schedule for your average Westmont student. 

Typical, Healthy Monday

4:00 a.m. -Wake up bright and early (because the pre-dawn bird always gets the worm!) and get your effortlessly perky self out of bed and ready to start the day!

4:02 a.m. -Bike down to Butterfly Beach to catch the sunrise.

4:05 a.m. -Arrive at Butterfly Beach. Realize you don’t have time to wait for the lazy sun to rise, and ask your roommate to send you a video of the sunrise.

4:10 a.m. – Recover from the emotional distress of your new roommate being angry at you for apparently “waking them up” while they stuck to their “normal sleep schedule.”

4:11 a.m. -Struggle biking uphill. 

5:25 a.m. -Wait outside the DC to get that delicious DC grub before they run out of cups.

5:30 a.m. -Remember you forgot to watch the lectures for your Old Testament class! Sit at a table outside and watch all seven hours of lectures at 4.6x speed in order to finish them before breakfast.

7:00 a.m. -Head into the DC. Grab food and say hello to all the people you know, but don’t stay too long … you have places to be!

7:02:30 a.m. -Wander around campus trying to get your bearings as a new student.

8:00 a.m. -First class!

8:00:32 a.m. -Realize you walked into the wrong class, but stick around for the rousing discussion about quantum variable antiderivative calculus.

10:30 a.m. -Get some good godly rest during chapel!

11:30 a.m. -International culinary studies. This way, you can eat, learn and complete your intercultural studies requirement at the same time!

12:43 p.m. -Fly to Brazil and pick up coffee beans to complete your assignment. Circumnavigate the globe in a westwardly fashion to regain the time you lost going to Brazil. 

11:15 a.m. -Fire up your computer to meet with your advisors to declare your new plan to quadruple major!

12:00 p.m. -Don’t forget to grab a hearty lunch from the DC! Especially since you learned that you won’t be making food every day in international culinary studies.

12:30 p.m. -Counsel your friends who are taking on far too much. It’s important to make time for others, so catch up on the 47 chapters in your new quantum variable antiderivative calculus textbook. 

3:00 p.m. -Update your Insta page with cute pics of all the fun things you do at Westmont. DM your friends and make vague plans. Don’t overcommit!

4:05 p.m. -Take a quick 20-minute power nap.

6:37 p.m. -Wake up and realize you overslept! Rush to the DC to grab a cookie and sprint to your night class.

7:00 p.m. -Attend Bingo night, fail to win the Yeti cooler.

8:30 p.m. -Attend Bingo Night again. Win a $5 Blenders gift card.

9:45 p.m. -Your night class ends so you can finally take some much-needed relaxation with mindless scrolling on social media.

12:00 a.m. -Your Westmont Pass expires.

12:01 a.m. -Log into the app and fill it out so you’re on top of it! Remember, you need to use the MOST RECENT version of the app. 

12:05 a.m. -Use the peace and quiet to finally start your homework. 

3:59 a.m. -Wrap up the day with your extra credit assignment for your PE class: perspectives on sleep.