Soft serve: Not just an ice cream cone!

Jin Yoon, The Horizon

The possibilities for soft serve are endless!

Simeon Michelson, StaffWriter

Everyone knows the best part of any DC experience is the soft serve ice cream, so why stop at a bowl or cone? This week, our Capstone cuisine staff put together a comprehensive list of ways to take your soft serve experience to the next level.

• Root Beer Float: Fill up a DC cup with some root beer and soft serve to relive the soda shop days of the 1920s. For the tasteless students who dislike root beer, substitute the glorious beverage for any of the drink options available, including water — for those on a diet.
  • Soft Serve Soup: Not in the mood for cold ice cream due to the cloudy and chilly weather? Pop a bowl of soft serve in the microwave, wait 30 seconds, and … voila! Delicious, warm, soft serve soup.
  • Dairy Facial: Soft serve is not just for eating! Take advantage of the restorative powers of lactose and cover your face with a soft serve facial mask to get skin as soft as a baby’s bum. After all, there’s a reason babies only drink milk. For extra health benefits, cover your eyes with cookies instead of cucumbers.
  • Dairy Lotion: Similar to the DC-exclusive facial, lather soft serve on your hands, face or feet as an exfoliating lotion.
  • Ice Cream Sandwich: Why make a boring, stereotypical sandwich with cookies and ice cream? Instead, use soft serve as a delicious mayo substitute on your ham and cheese sandwich, or, ditch the lettuce, tomato and cheese and add soft serve as a hamburger topping.
  • Ice Pack: Pour soft serve into a Ziploc bag and use it to ice the bruises you got fighting off other students to make it to the soft serve machine.
  • Shaving Cream: Slather some ice cream on your face, legs or armpits to make shaving both sweet and smooth!
  • Finger Painting: For a fun art project, spread soft serve on a DC table and draw snow art. If you’re really getting into it, pour some on the floor and make snow angels.
  • Toothpaste: Tired of boring, minty-fresh paste? Try brushing with vanilla soft serve! Now, you can simultaneously enjoy a sugary treat and keep your teeth pearly white.
  • Paying for your tuition: With the constant long line for the soft serve machine, if you fill up 20 cups with soft serve, you will make a fortune selling them outside of the DC.

This list does not encompass all possible combinations and uses for the DC soft serve, so feel free to come up with your own soft serve creations!