The Student News Site of Westmont College

The Horizon

The Horizon

The Horizon

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Westmont lacrosse club is taking off running

Sophia Sherman

With just two semesters of practice under their belt, the Westmont lacrosse club has gained over 60 interested and invested members. The students that are a part of the lacrosse club have channeled their passion for the sport into motivation to transform themselves into a competitive group ready for the next level of competition. 

Wade Teel, a second-year member of the lacrosse club shared his thoughts about the importance of the club. “We’re committed to fostering a vibrant community of players who share a passion for this exciting sport,” he said. 

The goals of the college’s lacrosse club are to reach a competitive level of play. MCLA Division III and WCLA Division II are at the forefront of the athletes’ minds. “Lacrosse is renowned for its fast-paced action, and it’s worth noting that it’s one of the fastest-growing sports globally,” Teel said. 

“We firmly believe that Westmont can establish a strong presence in lacrosse, and with support, we can turn this ‘club’ into a competition ready team.”

— WADE TEEL, lacrosse athlete

The team, which practices one to two times a week, is always looking for more interested athletes. Teel shared that with dozens of students already in the club, the group is open to any other students wanting to help strengthen them on this journey. 

Inclusivity flows abundantly at Westmont. Teel further stated that everyone is welcome into the high spirited and energetic group of lacrosse athletes. “Whether you’re a newcomer or a seasoned player with years of experience, you’ll find a warm and open environment where everyone can grow in the sport,” he said. 

1
View Comments (1)